[IAEP] Camp Kit

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Mon Apr 13 16:20:28 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 13:42 -0500, David Farning wrote:
> I was thinking about putting together a 'Camp Kit' Consisting of a
> wireless router, some cables, and a laptop to act as a proxy.
>
> With Bernie's help, for around $100 dollars, we can have a 'just
> works' network where ever we go.  Without it, we might have a 'kind of
> works half the time'  network.
>
> What else should the kit include?

- usb-mobile broadband dongle
- traffic shaping firewall (loading pages higher prio than
downloads/torrents)
- dual band ap 2.4 + 5 Ghz
- maybe some wellsupported usb-wifi dongles
- small switch
- some ethernet cables

For larger scale (50-500 people) check:
http://bsd.wifisoft.org/nek (ask me for details)