[IAEP] How to load onto Ubuntu netbook

Kathy Pusztavari kathy at kathyandcalvin.com
Mon Apr 13 12:58:30 EDT 2009

Walter, you’re brilliant.  I used a Lexar 2 gig and created a stick.  The
Dell booted.  BTW, my ex-husband bought this Dell new for $100 on some weird
special (knowing him it was fatwallet).  He bought 5 of them and made a
nifty profit.

It booted fine.  It doesn't connect wirelessly but LAB (low and behold) it
has a wired port so I hooked it in.  Yep, connects to the internet.  I
downloaded Turtle Typing per Walter.  OMG - it works!  So I got a little
bold and put my custom lesson in there thinking all the lessons would be
lost when I reboot.  I used one of the 3 USB ports and stuck in another
thumb drive with the lessons on it (formatted FAT32) It wasn't lost!  All
lessons were still there when I rebooted the machine.  BTW - it takes 45
seconds to boot on that stupid $100 Dell Inspiron 910.  Looks pretty good
but there are font issues and the screen cuts just a bit off on the bottom
but otherwise very usable. Plus it is about 100 times faster.

I can't stop.  I'm not looking at the neighborhood.  I suspect that doesn't
work but I can't help myself.

Thanks again,

-Kathy