[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 13, Issue 38

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 13 02:48:37 EDT 2009

Hi Carolyn,
Budget? What's that"?  No, I am a retired educator who has been doing support-gang stuff for about a year and-a-half now.I am the only one in the Southern California area and have to shell out a $$$ for anything I need to support OLPC and SugarLabs.  I guess it is tax deductible so that is some consolation.
I don't have a multi-port, just an old Powerbook that I repaired and gave to my husband and a refurbished MacBook.  I also have 5 working XOs, but right now 2 of them are on loan to someone who is trying to get either XOs or Sugar, running on different computers, for after school programs at several middle schools in South-Central LA.
I did buy a live CD of Sugar to take to SCaLE in Feb. for the OLPC booth.  Before I even had a chance to try it...someone took it!  There were a lot of other booths giving away stuff so I guess they just thought it was free for the taking.
I don't mind trying the DIY, I just thought that the labeled sticks would be more effective.  Either way I would really need to know how to get it going on the MacBook.  Maybe I'll just take the XOs and tell people the other is coming.  I really wanted to help you get the word out, but I guess the left coast isn't that much of a focus for SugarLabs.
If this sounds like a sob-story, it is.  I am really disappointed. Sorry.
Caryl