[IAEP] Hi from Caroline of Sugar Labs

Mark Ahlness mahlness at comcast.net
Sun Apr 12 19:43:35 EDT 2009

Thanks for your thoughtful responses Caroline. It is good to more clearly
understand where things stand, especially with Sugar and the XO. I started
thinking more about how I can use SoaS in my PC/XO classroom this year, and
my mind drifted back to the field test we did in my classroom last spring
(http://tinyurl.com/5ev6xc).

The software we tried out was Classroom Presenter for the XO:
http://orderedpixels.com <http://orderedpixels.com/>   It's listed on the
OLPC wiki under "All Activities". I just tried out the program, with an XO
as the teacher, and my ThinkPad running Soas beta as a student, connected
via jabber.sugarlabs.org

Everything worked so well, I was prompted to take a few pics and blog about
it: http://tinyurl.com/cc3a7p

Thanks again - Mark