[IAEP] Open Source World closes to .orgs (was Fwd: OpenSource World (formerly LinuxWorld) 2009)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 19:10:01 EDT 2009

FYI. Non-profit booths now $1995.00.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amy Bonner <ABonner at idgworldexpo.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Subject: OpenSource World (formerly LinuxWorld) 2009
To: "echerlin at gmail.com" <echerlin at gmail.com>

Hi Edward,

As you may know, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo® is expanding to become
OpenSource World™ and is co-locating with Next Generation Data Center™
and CloudWorld™ to offer an end-to-end view of enterprise technology
within the data center. These events, scheduled for August 12-13,
2009, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, will provide
comprehensive technology conferences with an IT solution showcase
element.

OpenSource World is designed to draw only the most qualified IT
professionals to the event. Registration to the event will be free of
charge only to IT professionals.  Qualification criteria, based on
attendees' job function, industry and purchasing role, will ensure a
highly qualified audience.

We will offer a product showcase for our sponsors and exhibitors on a
uniform show floor with 10x10 and 10x20 spaces to focus on networking
time between the exhibitors and attendees during dedicated showcase
hours.  Qualified IT professionals will not only have access to our
OpenSource World content but our Next Generation Data Center and
CloudWorld conference programs as well.  They will also have a chance
to meet face-to-face with the vendors who represent the right
solutions for their needs.

We’ve reduced our rate for exhibit space by about 20% to accommodate
our exhibitor’s budgets.  The cost for a 10x10 raw space within the
product showcase is $4,500.

With our new streamlined event we won’t be holding a call for .org
submissions and offering those spaces on a complimentary basis.
However, we will offer those in the .org community a 10x10 space with
the amenities of a .org pavilion (high counter, 2 stools, carpet and
electric) for a deeply discounted price of $1,995.  This package has a
value of over $5,000.

We know that the open source projects in the .org community have
limited budget which is why we are extending this discount.  As we’ve
restructured this event, our budgets have been restructured internally
and we must cover our costs while offering our partners in the open
source community an opportunity to connect with our audience.

I am attaching a conference outline and event prospectus for your review.

Please let me know if you’d like to set up a call to discuss in more detail.

Thank you!

Amy

Amy Bonner

Sales Manager

IDG World Expo

Framingham, MA 01701

P: 508 424 4892

C: 617 620 9806

F: 508-370-4325

abonner at idgworldexpo.com

August 12-13, 2009 | Moscone Center West | San Francisco, CA

http://www.opensourceworld.com

And Children are my nation.