[IAEP] Planing for Mini Camp

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Apr 10 15:56:16 EDT 2009

Well, it looks like the Paris MiniCamp is a go for the weekend of May
17 -18, 2009.

--Attending--
We now have a attending page at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Events/MiniCamp_Paris_2009/Attendees
so we can get a feel for who going to be able to make it.

The Attendees page has columns for the dates you will be attending and
your project affiliation.

--Schedule--

Right now, the schedule is pretty open. The core dates are Friday the
16th, Saturday the 17th, and Sunday the 18th.  Based on the
availability of Sean's Apartment, workspace availability, and personal
preferences.  I would invited you to come a few day early or stay a
few days late to hack or (just yack) together.

--Talks, Discussions, and Planning Sessions--
Of the community meetings I have attended, Fedora's FudCon Boston and
Blender's Amsterdam conference were by far the most satisfying and
productive.  They were productive and enjoyable because they focused
on enabling the participants to make the best use of their time.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Events/MiniCamp_Paris_2009/Sessions

For the sugar Labs portions of the MiniCamp, I would suggest that:

1. We have at least 3 meeting rooms and a lounge.
2. At the beginning of each day, we decide by voting which rooms are
assigned which session.
3. Encourage people vote with their feet.  If a session becomes
un-useful get up and switch to another session of go to the lounge and
hack.
4. How a session is run is entirely up to the session leader.  But,
the Sessions themselves will begin and end at the appointed time.

david