[IAEP] Testing SoaS at Waltham MA YMCA

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Apr 8 06:56:18 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 12:32:44PM -0400, Caroline Meeks wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 04:20:05PM -0700, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:
> >
> > > Regarding the "SoaS2 Assuming Drive Cache write Through -- no boot"
> > > [...]  Does someone know if SOAS/Fedora is testing/verifying [write
> > > through caches] setting in some way?
> >
> > I bet that just happens to be the last message printed before the real
> > failure occurs.
> >

> Martin, I agree.  I sometimes see the message on successful boots.
>
> So the question is, what is really failing?

I debated not replying because I didn't know the answer, but I knew
the supposition I thought was being implied (that the message was
related to the error) was a bit suspect.  Sorry for not having more to
contribute.

I've looked at the dmesg output from my XO running Soas2 and I can't
find such a message, unfortunately.

Martin