[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 10, Issue 18

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 04:10:40 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 5:17 AM, Alan Kay <alan.nemo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Isn't that just what my second paragraph says?
>
> The first important question is what kind of results do you want to achieve
> in the real world? Do you mean "We need strategies for getting children to
> learn real math even if there are no adults who understand real math?"

That's part of my plan. It's very close to how I learned math, mostly
from books. Of course, I will not be assuming my talent for math in my
lessons. I will program demonstrations of ideas, with explanations. I
hope that others will join in.

So, Bryan, what ideas, topics, skills, whatever do your Nepalese
children most need?

> Cheers,
>
> Alan

And Children are my nation.