[IAEP] Fwd: soas on classmate

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Tue Apr 7 04:12:25 EDT 2009

Can you boot image from the drive with qemu and what happens?

to install qemu
sudo apt-get install qemu

sudo qemu /dev/sdc

My usb-drive is sdc here an can boot in qemu.

FYI-1  I have seen about 10-20% of first attemps not working. That's why
i wack the mbr of zero that whole drive.

FYI-2 there are usb-drives/flashdrives that can't boot. To find out you
need to play a little  with other hardware to find the failing part.
Swapping parts is generally a fast way. And qemu can also help to
isolate issues.

Kind regards,
Marten