[IAEP] Fwd: soas on classmate

Mitchell Seaton meaton.2v+iaep at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 23:18:09 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Caroline Meeks <solutiongrove at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it this problem? http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/421
>
> How much of the boot do you get through?

No boot. I simply get "Missing operating system". I select to boot from usb:
Sony etc, and immediately shows this screen.

> If so I have some questions that might help us gather data.
>
> 1. Did you burn your stick on windows or linux?

Using Ubuntu 8.10 with livecd-iso-to-disk script,

> 2. FAT or FAT32 format. And actually we know that in your case.  4GB can
> only be FAT32.  If you have a 1 or 2GB stick, try formatting it FAT before
> you burn and let me know if that works.

Cleared the MBR, reformatted as FAT (32) using mkfs.vfat.
Changed "default" to linux0 in syslinux.cfg.
USB has two directories: LiveOS and syslinux directories.

Still having the same problem occurring.

Cheers,
Mitch