[IAEP] Sugar Labs Budget.

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Apr 6 17:28:38 EDT 2009

Last week, I set the rather abstract goal of raising $100,000US for
Sugar Labs.  $100,000 seems like a reasonable number for a project in
its second year.  Last year, Sugar Labs proved that it could get a
surprisingly large amount of development accomplished with very little
money.

As for direct spending, I believe that Sugar Labs should focus it's
resources entirely on community and ecosystem development.  A strong
community and ecosystem means more Sugar related job!

The primary method for us to strengthen the community is through
travel stipends to enable contributors to meet face to face.

The primary method for us to build the ecosystem is to send
ambassadors, such as Walter, to meet with potential partners.  So far
Walter has been covering his much of his own travel expenses:(

The second method for building both the community and ecosystem is
getting out the word through marketing.

As a starting point I suggest that we spend approximately 70% on
travel and 30% on marketing.

david