[IAEP] Fwd: soas on classmate

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 08:39:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

Is it this problem? http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/421

How much of the boot do you get through?

If so I have some questions that might help us gather data.

1. Did you burn your stick on windows or linux?
2. FAT or FAT32 format. And actually we know that in your case.  4GB can
only be FAT32.  If you have a 1 or 2GB stick, try formatting it FAT before
you burn and let me know if that works.

thanks,
Caroline

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Mitchell Seaton
<meaton.2v+iaep at gmail.com<meaton.2v%2Biaep at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently I've been trying to load SoaS (
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/1/Soas1-200903232259.iso)
> onto a Classmate-2 laptop that we have here at my work. Following the
> instructions on the wiki (Sugar on a Stick/Installation) using using live
> iso to disk script, I created the USB (on a Sony 4GB Stick).
>
> However, booting from the USB on the Classmate I have the following msg
> "Missing operating system". I know there are some examples of SoaS working
> out there in the community I was wondering if there maybe some steps I'm
> missing. I will try with different USB or SD card shortly. I have yet to try
> to boot on another machine so far.
>
> Regards,
> Mitchell Seaton

Caroline Meeks