[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Call for Testers (New Snapshot!)

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Apr 4 17:58:01 EDT 2009

Hi Caroline,

thanks for giving this a try! I added some comments below...

By the way, would it be okay for you to get a final image by April 7th
or do you need one earlier?

Caroline Meeks wrote:
> Results
>
> Boots up fine. Love the sugar branding!

Heh. :)

> There are a lot fewer activities in the ring then SoaS1

Well, that seems to be a matter of configuration by the package
maintainers. We're now pulling the activities directly from a.sl.o,
which means that those activities apparently don't get automatically
fav'ed. Anyway, I guess we need to ping the maintainers on this?

> Memorize, Speak, Moon, Turtle, Jigsaw puzzel, joke book, typing turtle,
> cartoon builder, Finance, Freecell
> - Work great. Sound works too

Hey, cool! Good to hear.

> Browse
> - "School" gives me an error.  I see why a school would want this link
> on their system but it doesn't make sense to me to put out a page with a
> broken link.
> - The arrow flashes annoyingly when web pages are loading on my X40
>
> eToys
> - The screen flashes black a few times while it is loading its a bit
> disconcerting
>
> Maze
> - The icon seems a bit bit in the circle
>
> Calculator
> - The font size and the curser seem a bit weird together. I took a picture.
>
> Pippy
> -The Run, Stop and Clear buttons are a bit cut off. I took a picture
>
> Read
> - Why have the read activity with nothing to read?

Yeah, we should probably include something here...

> Story Builder,
>
> I haven't seen it before. Very cool! The characters seem a bit
> pixilated, are they supposed to look like that?
>
> flipsticks
> Either I am using it wrong or saving a firgure by clicking the bottom
> circle does not work.
>

> Bounce, Colors
>
> did not start

If we can't get those ready in time, they will be taken out for the release!

> IRC,
> Seemed to connect, and I got a message that my laptop SoaS2 had entered
> the room but I couldn't actually see what people said in the room or see
> what my laptop said while I was in the room.

Oh, okay... I had it working; strange.