[IAEP] Options for having Flash work in Browse on SoaS and on Demo Sticks?

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sat Apr 4 14:28:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

As I understand the law, if Solution Grove was creating USB sticks for a
specific school we could load the adobe flash plugin onto every stick prior
to giving them to the students. I think this is the same basic case as a
company IT department distributing flash plugins to all the computers in the
company.

On the other hand, Sugar Labs can not install the flash plugin into the SoaS
we offer for download on the sugarlabs.org website.

My first question is about the grey area.

If we are burning sticks and giving them out at a conference (such as
FOSSVT) can we have the flash plugin pre-installed?

My second question is more general.

What are our different options for improving the user experience when a user
browses to a YouTube video on Browse on a SoaS image?

Thanks,
Caroline

--
Caroline Meeks