[IAEP] Ready for prime time?

Caroline Meeks caroline at meekshome.com
Fri Apr 3 13:47:58 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
> There will be a technology fair on April 25 at the Los Angeles Convention
> Center for LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District).  I have been asked
> to bring my Roadshow In A Box to demonstrate in the CUELA (Computer Using
> Educators of Los Angeles) booth.  I would love to also be able to show SoaS
> running on Macs and PCs. So, naturally I have a few questions.

Hi,

> Will it be fairly stable?

Yes I think it will be. Definitely check in with us before you burn and try
out your choosen release.  Wait as long as you can before you burn,
certainly not before we have a chance to fix any bugs we find during FOSSVT
April 10th.

I hope we will have a solution that works on the Mac by then but we don't
right now.

> Can anyone download it? (All this talk of "branded sticks" makes me wonder)

Absolutely!!! You can also get Sugar Labs branded sticks if you can find
funding for them.  The current batch I think cost $9 each.   We would love
to have you handing out Sugar Labs branded sticks, we just can't guarantee
we can buy them for you.

> Can we get the Grannies Guide done? I have neglected helping with
> this...sorry! I promise to help with it, but need to get help doing it
> myself first so I can help explain it. ;-)
>
> I don't want to promise to do this for the fair unless I know it will work.
>  Don't want any disasters that would give SugarLabs a bad rep.

When do you have to commit?  We can tell you after FOSSVT what our
experience is.

> Caryl
>
> P.S.  I would also like to apply to CUE do a 3-hour hand-on workshop about
> Sugar Activities at the CUE 2010 statewide (CA) conference in March of 2010.
>  They will have labs available for the workshops with either 30 Macs or 30
> Windows machines.  Am I correct in assuming that an even newer build will be
> available before then?  Which platform would be better for such a workshop?
> Or, is there no real difference in performance?

PC is a much better bet right now. I have hope that by April 25th we can say
yes to either.

Wait, March 2010???  Really? Like a year from now?  It will definitely work
on either and be stable and robust by then. We are really really close.
April 25th is somewhat uncertain, but next March is a YES!

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove
Caroline at SolutionGrove.com

617-500-3488 - Office