[IAEP] Sugar User Guide print-ready PDF

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Apr 1 22:04:53 EDT 2009

Hi all -
With the new release of Objavi on FLOSS Manuals, the Sugar User Guide
has no more broken parts! Can I get an "Oh yeah!"?

I see a couple of decision points to be made here so I'm
double-checking my next steps.
1. The fixes in Objavi mean that the screenshots of code in the
Modifying Sugar chapter can go away. But, even though the online
version displays with PRE tags, the Objavi-generated PDF file does not
screenshots of monospaced fonts, and lose the copy/paste of the code?
Or do I stick with text-based code samples even if they're not going
to be in monospaced font in the book? Or is there a third option that
I'm missing?

2. I think the Lulu>Amazon path is acceptable for FM for now and I'd
like to continue with that process. Does that sound okay? If yes, then
I need to purchase the ISBN, get a cover with the ISBN on it, and
upload 2 print-ready PDFs, then order a proof copy. It's about USD$125
initial outlay.

Thanks for your help with these decision points.
Anne

--
Anne Gentle
email: annegentle at justwriteclick.com