[IAEP] wiki todos

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 1 13:32:42 EDT 2009

One of the most challenging aspects for a community based project is
coordinating and communicating what has been done, what is being done,
and what needs to be done.

In a centralized organization such as a traditional software
development company, a very large percent of the company resource go
towards managing the work.  One of the premises of community
development is that, in some cases, much of the management overhead
can be eliminated by using tools and process to enable participants to
communicate easily and cheaply with each other.

Two of the weak communication links for Sugar Labs are our todo lists
and how we schedule and hold meetings.

Fred and the rest of the wiki team are look into how we can use todo
lists more effectively as a community.  My personal grip with the
existing system is that is is too hard.  Fred has suggested that we
embedd Google spreadsheets into the wiki.

He has a sample at

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User_talk:FGrose/sandbox

David