[IAEP] Teacher in Uruguay enchanted to see his ideas integrated into global Sugar update [pr mockup]

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Sep 16 19:38:01 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Carol Lerche <cafl at msbit.com> wrote:
> I'd like to introduce you to the revolutionary idea of a "website".  It is
> so much more functional than this "wiki" thing olpc is so enamoured of.  On
> a "website" there is a "homepage" with important "links" to things like
> "help" and "contact us" and "latest news".  Someone with a 21st century job
> known as "web design" makes this "website" attractive and easy to use.
>
> Of course dumping the information in a heap with no organization is probably
> better.  You can always do a search on tags.  Like the data store.
>
> Sorry for the snark, but really, these are solved problems.

If you don't have the money to pay for a "web designer", than a wiki
is a heck of a good solution.  Compare the quantity and quality of
information at http://laptop.org (which has a "web designer") and that
of http://wiki.laptop.org.

Yes, there ought to be a happy medium.  But your snark completely
misses the real problem, which is not a question of tools at all, but
of organization and someone-to-organize.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )