[IAEP] Teacher in Uruguay enchanted to see his ideas integrated into global Sugar update [pr mockup]

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 16 17:45:01 EDT 2008

Mmmm, I know I'm being the cranky one here today but I can't be the
only one thinking that IRC (or any activity based on it) isn't all
great a solution. Even for an immediate stop-gap solution it sucks. A
lot.

As C.Scott mentioned we really need two solutions: a social one and a
technological one. For the social one we need to get people to
deployments. For the technical one we need to find the easiest possible
way for people to get comments, suggestions, ideas, rants from wherever
they are to this list and other appropiate places.

Here's my current thinking:

Screw the non-existant "Show me the code" functionality and turn this
into "kick a developer's ass" button;-)

Seriously, also with regard to the recent Windows XP in Peru
announcement what we need to do is offer a competitive advantage to
such a solution. I know I
being a pain about a this but I truly believe that a well-established
feedback-loop between deployments and developers is one of the key USPs
here.

At the end of the day this is of course a major decision in terms of
Sugar Labs' scope. Personally, I'm still a fan of a very early message
by Ivan K. which specifically asked for Sugar Labs to be more than
"just" a software outfit...

Anyway, 'nuff said for a day,
Christoph

--