[IAEP] Sad

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 20:29:50 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> The other sad thing is that the spreading of FUD and misinformation is
> already rampant. This is just a pilot. But we need to rally around
> FOSS and Sugar and make sure that the signal emerges from the noise.

Bear in mind that we (a very large we) have forced Microsoft into a
position that it has been trying to avoid with all its might for
years: a head-to-head comparison of Linux and Windows on the same
hardware by the same people, none of them paid by Microsoft. In fact,
many of them are children who don't care *who* you are. Some of them
are going to post the truth as they find it. What works? That's the
only question that they care about.

Even in its current primitive state, what we offer is far beyond
Microsoft's dreams. We offer abundance, and in their business model
they can only offer children restrictions and crippleware.

> -walter
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Paulo Drummond <ptdrumm at terra.com.br> wrote:
>> "...The main advantage of the XOs with Microsoft Windows is that
>> students can learn using a widely recognized universal tool which
>> represents a window to the globalized world."
>>
>> ...being the saddest part.
>>
>> Paulo
>>

>> On Sep 15, 2008, at 8:14 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>>
>>> http://gizmodo.com/5050208/first-windows-xp-olpc-pilot-marks-the-transition-from-the-sugar-ui
>>>
>>> Marco

Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama still ahead in EC!
http://www.obamapedia.org/ Join us!
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mokurai For the children