[IAEP] Testing Emle collection on Ubuntu

C.W. Holeman II cwhii_gm at julianlocals.com
Thu Oct 30 17:27:09 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:18 PM, C.W. Holeman II
<cwhii_cplo at julianlocals.com> wrote:
> I am attempting to test my packaging of Emle to work as a collection
> on Sugar.  See http://sugarlabs.org/go/User:Cwhii
>
> I am using an ASUS EEE PC 900 1MB RAM 16GB SSD 1024x600 with
> Ubuntu:
> Linux road 2.6.24-21-eeepc #1 SMP Thu Aug 7 22:18:05 MDT 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> When I specify Sugar at login time I am able to access the web browser
> in Sugar.  I am able to access web pages from the Internet including Emle
> via http://emle.sf.net/. The Emle index and content pages behave as I expect.
>
> What  am attempting to do then is see the Emle collection some where.
> When the browser first starts it points to "about:blank". What is the reference
> for getting the collections that are on the system? I assume there is something
> like "collections:/".

http://dev.laptop.org/pub/sugar/sources/web-activity/Browse-95.tar.bz2
Browse-95/webactivity.py:

>_LIBRARY_PATH = '/usr/share/library-common/index.html'
>    def _load_homepage(self):
>        if os.path.isfile(_LIBRARY_PATH):
>            self._browser.load_uri('file://' + _LIBRARY_PATH)
>        else:
>           self._browser.load_uri('about:blank')

What is supposed to be in library-common/index.html?

/usr/share/library-common does not exist on my system.

--
C.W.Holeman II | cwhii at JulianLocals.com  | http://JulianLocals.com/cwhii
 To only a fraction of the  human  race does God  give the  privilege of