[IAEP] Service-Learning Curriculum around Sugar Testing

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:35:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:01 AM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Caroline Meeks
>> <caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Edward,
>> >
>> > Ah thank you for asking, I think a translation is in order.  Lesson
>> > plans on
>> > the web are just text documents.  There are unknown gazzilions of Lesson
>> > Plans on the web.  Here are some examples of Service Learning Lesson
>> > Plans
>> > thanks to Google.
>> >
>> > http://bostonteachnet.org/chang_feeney_wong/sigproj.htm
>> > http://bostonteachnet.org/bwm/mccullough/sigproj.htm
>> > http://www.learningtogive.org/lessons/unit242/lesson1.html
>> > http://www.fsu.edu/~flserve/sl/standards.html  - At the bottom of the
>> > page
>> > you can download lesson plans.
>>
>> None of these lesson plans take advantage of our software. We know
>> that what we can do now is radically different from what we could do
>> before.
>
> Right, these are examples of lesson plans. The goal is to write something
> similar aimed at high school students who want to learn about OLPC and Sugar
> and want to help test Sugar.

OK, now that I know what you are talking about, I'm in. I'll go see
whom else I can interest in this.

Who is on educational mailing lists outside the OLPC community?

What conferences should be exhibit at?

I'll send a very rough draft of some introductory material I wrote
last summer. It will be in a few days. Earth Treasury business and
election volunteering are keeping me quite thoroughly occupied right
now.

[snip]
Give One, Get One, from Nov. 17
http://www.amazon.com/xo