[IAEP] Flash-->Gnash

Charbax charbax at charbax.com
Mon Oct 20 02:16:25 EDT 2008

Sorry about the downtime guys, I will move olpc.tv to a new server that
works. The new DNS propagation should be completed by tomorrow. Hopefully I
can copy over the database with the previous hundreds of video posts
smoothly over.
And I will spend a few hours to do a whole bunch of manual updates to add
the last few months worth of videos.

But I think that the long term solution would be a way for all visitors to
contribute new videos, sort of like a Youtube and a participatory aggregator
for OLPC fans and OLPC users.

So sure, if there is an automatic and legal way to convert using dailymotion
so that it works on the olpc then great. But I would hope that also somehow
Gnash or whatever flash player on the XO-1 can be made to support all the
flash videos and other web video formats natively.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Seth Woodworth <seth at laptop.org> wrote:

> There is a reasonable gateway for children at dailymotion that isn't half
> bad:
>
> http://olpc.dailymotion.com
>
> I would like to get olpc.tv going again as well.
>
> --Seth
>
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Can we set up a place for Gnash-readable videos, and a way to convert
>> Flash to Ogg Theorba? Or can we just upload them to olpc.tv?
>>
>> --
>> Silent Thunder (默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज ) is my name
>> And Children are my nation.
>> The Cosmos is my dwelling place,
>> The Truth my destination.

Charbax,