[IAEP] Events calendar

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 00:23:13 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:11 AM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Edward, Could you put the events you come across on the google calander?
>> Then we can transfer them to the wiki if we are going to have a Sugar
>> presence.
>
> I have created a new public calendar, named OLPC Event Suggestions.
> David Farning is an administrator. Anybody who wants to add events
> should ask David to add a Share permission for them.
>
> I cannot possibly add all of the events I know of, much less all of
> the events I do not know of in domains I have not explored. %-[ We
> will need several people to step up for this, and invite various
> organizations to add their own events.

I went into Google Calendar and did some quick searches. I can now
look at any or all of them at once. Somebody needs to look at these
and tell me what they think.

o American Physical Society Calendar
o Association for Computing Machinery
o Calendar for Conferences
o Conferences in the subjects of Education from Routledge and the
Taylor & Francis Group
o Engineers Without Borders
o The Official Family Calendar of The School at Columbia University
o IEEE events
o Mathematics education research
o National Convention Calendar
o Nation Association of Science Teachers
o Science events of note
o Science Education Association
o MIT
o MIT Sloan Alumni Events
o Edulink ICT4D activity calendar
o Mobile Broadband News
o Embedded computers and related industry events

I have not yet attempted to find

o Linux
o English
o Language
o History
o Yale
o Harvard
o Stanford
o UC
o microfinance
o World Social Forum
o sustainability

--
Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama still moving ahead in EC!