[IAEP] Events calendar

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:27:37 EDT 2008

What sorts of events would people like to see? SCALE (Southern
California Linux Expo)? Linux World Expo/Open Source Expo? PyCon?
Education conferences? Bioneers? Solfest? ICT4D? Microfinance?
embedded systems? or should we consider splitting the calendar (yet)?
We could have one for events dealing with hardware, software, content,
and deployment issues (whatever OLPC and Sugar Labs consider to be
in-scope) and one for everything else related (sustainability,
greenness, health outside of health education, whatever). If so, Earth
Treasury dibs the second one, but I would like to have them use the
same software and reside in the same place, to simplify cross-linking
and other forms of coordination.

And how about linking to other conference directories?

http://www.computer.org/portal/site/ieeecs/menuitem.c5efb9b8ade9096b8a9ca0108bcd45f3/index.jsp?&pName=ieeecs_level1&path=ieeecs/conferences&file=index.xml&xsl=generic.xsl&;jsessionid=L2hJDcgf21WGxwnq2RNhLqpGJC91l1GvNTW6SHtd1Jn2n3fsNzHQ!-723175620

Meetings & Conferences, IEEE Computer Society

http://www.techweb.com/calendar/
Find the trade show you want

#
ERMETIS Microelectronics and Reconfigurable Systems Research ...
This is a calendar of upcoming conferences in the field of computer
engineering. Click on the following link for more information about
our conference watch ...
wwwdsa.uqac.ca/~lsr/emcos/emcos-index.php?page=Computer+Engineering+Conference+Calendar
- 45k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
#
Confy's Computer Science Conference Calendar and Call for Papers ...
Confy's Computer Science Conference Calendar and Call for Papers, 0.1
The newest version of this page can be found at: index.php Last
modified: ...
apstwo.st.ewi.tudelft.nl/~mathijs/conf/index.php - 76k - Cached -
Similar pages - Note this
#
Conference Calendar and Event Calendar
VISAPP 2009 - International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and
.... For historic reasons, we maintain a calendar archive/conference
archive ...
www.interaction-design.org/calendar/ - 177k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
#
SIGGRAPH Calendar
If you wish to see the Calendar of Computer Graphics Events in a ...
Thirty- sixth International Conference on Computer Graphics and
Interactive Techniques ...
www.siggraph.org/calendar/ - 7k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

etc.

Also, when are we going to start planning for the first global
XO/Sugar conference in Cambridge?