[IAEP] Community Road Map

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 9 21:54:48 EDT 2008

Seeing as how I was harping on our development team to create a roadmap for
the .84 release, I thought that I should stick my own neck out and create a
community roadmap for Sugar Labs.

This roadmap does not represent a commitment on the part of Sugar Labs.  It
is a list of features that I feel are important for the future growth of
Sugar Labs.

--Mission, Vision, Values--
Refine our mission, vision, and values.  These represent our public image.

--Distribution--
Within the next few days, Sugar .82 packages will be available on Fedora,
Debian, and Ubuntu.  Next, we need to push Sugar into the derivative
distributions.  This makes Sugar available everywhere.  Rather then sell
Sugar ourselves we want to make it worth the distributions while to sell
Sugar.

--Deployments--
With the availability of Sugar everywhere, teachers and parents can use
Sugar to help their kids learn.

--Quality Assurance--
As the number of Sugar users, we can need to use their feedback to improve
Sugar, both technically, and educationally.

--Infrastructure--
We need to build an infrastructure which is strong enough to support our
Community.

thank
david