[IAEP] Fedora Live CD for Sugar

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:41:06 EDT 2008

Fedora live CD for sugar

my impression is that it hasn't developed to the point where I should
upgrade for school use, eg. missing activities

am I reading this correctly?

the main problems I have at school using the unofficial cd -> USB key
developed by Wolfgang Rohrmoser (joyride version) are:

- collaboration not working out of the box
(although does work with earlier build using our jabber server, inconvenient
because I have to take two lots of USBs to class the older and newer - the
newer one has more activities)

- can't save files and continue on next session (they save but the journal
is wiped clean when rebooting), kids become very annoyed about that (it is
possibly sometimes to save them with a second USB but does not always work
a) not all students bring a USB
b) for some reason - unknown - the machines don't always recognise a second
USB

I was hoping that Greg's fedora live CD would be up to speed before I went
back to school next week but doesn't appear to be

Do need the activities because if lots were missing then kids would think of
it as a downgrade