[IAEP] Sugar in the classmate

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 03:51:59 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 21:27, Werner Westermann <werner at educalibre.cl> wrote:
> Hello, this is Werner who works with Luis Acevedo.
>
> OK, we have considered the option to install Linux, but it's not trivial
> without a CD player.
>
> Where are orientations to install Sugar nativelly, a blog, wiki, or
> something?  We've pinged Aaron's mail without success.
>
> Only I have how to to install Ubuntu with a LiveUSB, but Sugar on Ubuntu
> is far behind it's development, for example related to the Sugar Live CD.
>
> Opinions or suggestions?  Thank to you all,
>
> werner

Sugar on Ubuntu is more up to date if you add the repository for Sugar
0.82 as described here:
http://sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Ubuntu

That doesn't have the very latest point releases of Sugar 0.82.1+, but
I'm working on getting 0.82 into intrepid and I'll update a PPA
repository with the latest versions in the next few days.

I'll send a notification to this list (iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org) when
I do have it up to date, and I'll update the instructions on that
page.

Regards
Morgan