[IAEP] Knight News Challenge

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:25:07 EDT 2008

Here is another that we should enter. They are describing us to a T.

http://www.newschallenge.org/

Knight News Challenge (English)

    * Application Deadline is Nov. 1. Follow this link to submit an application.
    * Visit the News Challenge Garage for help preparing your application
    * Worldwide Contest Reopens With $5 Million for Digital Media
Experiments (9/02)

What is the News Challenge?

We're giving away around $5 million in 2009 for the development and
distribution of neighborhood and community-focused projects, services,
and programs.

If you have a great idea that will improve local online news, deepen
community engagement, bring Web 2.0 tools to local neighborhoods,
develop publishing platforms and standards to support local
conversations or innovate how we visualize, experience or interact
with information, we'd like to see it! You have the opportunity to win
funding for your project and support within a vibrant community of
media, tech, and community-oriented people who want to improve the
world.

There are three rules to follow to apply to the 2008-09 Knight News Challenge:

   1. Use or create digital, open-source technology as the code base.
   2. Serve the public interest.
   3. Benefit one or more specific geographic communities.

--
Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama still moving ahead in EC!