[IAEP] Best video introduction to sugar?

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:51:44 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Is that code available? Or at least a full-screen flash player? When showing
>>> http://interdimensionmedia.com/scratch/MoMA/demo.html in Browse on the XO,
>>> unfortunately the demo cannot go to an unembellished full screen.
>>
>> Eben, do we have the latest image somewhere?
>>
>>> And, what would it take to translate the demo?
>>
>> I think Eben hacked the presentation up in Flash or Illustrator. So he
>> would need to translate and regenerate the video.
>>
>> Marco
>>

> I did a quick-and-dirty grab of Firefox using gtk-recordmydektop but
> left the address bar visible so that if someone wanted to see the
> actual Flash demo, they can go to the site directly. If the Ogg is ok
> for sharing, I'll upload it somewhere (16.7 MB).

I forgot to mention that the demo actually requires independent
installation of the video files (so that we could update the videos
independent of the player image).  These movies are available online,
but are zipped so they can't be watched in the browser.  The links are
below.  All are welcome to convert these into .ogg or compress them
for web viewing as well.  They are a cleaner source than the small and
potentially out-of-sync flash demo version.  Someone might also setup
a page which embeds these videos and auto-plays them, so that the
dynamic rendering which causes lag in the flash demo doesn't pose a
problem. (Loading still might. Perhaps a JS trigger could start them
in sync on a button press, or something.)

http://interdimensionmedia.com/scratch/MoMA/XO-0.mov.zip
http://interdimensionmedia.com/scratch/MoMA/XO-1.mov.zip

They are approx. 50MB each, zipped.

- Eben