[IAEP] Sugar in the classmate

luis ACEVEDO patitoacevedo at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:55:40 EDT 2008

Hello to all, best regards.

We were handed a couple of Classmate 2, thanks to the Intel office in Chile, as we advocate Sugar in a
for govermental initiative with K-3 level.  They showed interest in Sugar
and should be presenting to them in the next week or so.

So we would love to present Sugar on top of Classmate 2.  ¿What
ways do you suggest best to show Sugar over Classmate 2?  The optimal
is not to use a external CD drive.  These Classmate 2 have only Windows
XP installed, 2 giga HD, 512 RAM. I tried a xubuntu cd-live with Sugar emulator
mounted in a usb memory stick, like Bill Kerr show http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/07/evaluating-sugar-in-developed-world.html
but performance is not optimal.
In the other hand, we had opportunity to show Sugar  from  cd-live to one of the
advisors to the Venezuelan government. He found interesting
educational sugar spin  and request more details.

   Thank you all!!