[IAEP] NECC Proposals Due Oct 8th

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Sun Oct 5 22:01:51 EDT 2008

Yeah, I'd be willing to help out anyone else who needs it, as well.

In the past the Open Source lab has been a 40 (IIRC) station LTSP lab
that Steve Hargadon provides, so setup only needs to happen on the
server. This might not work with Sugar, but it's worked fine for me -
people have been able to follow along with my Python examples, or not,
as they choose.

Just so you know the layout, the past couple of years the room has held
around 100, with the LTSP laptops up front and more conventional lecture
seating in the rear. So if the room is even close to full, the group is
too big (and one hour too short) to do a lot of serious tutorial work,
and there are machines for only about half of them. Still, you can walk
through examples, or give them a chance to try some basic procedures,
etc. (as long as you get any software installed on the server beforehand).

Cheers,
Vern

--
This time for sure!