[IAEP] [Olpc-open] G1G1 (was Re: [Community-news] OLPC News (2008-09-29))

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:23:14 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> I agree with Ed Cherlin in that if G1G1v2 begins in 5 weeks, now is
> the time to get the campaign going. Five weeks isn't a lot of time.

Note - we are not media savvy! I used to be a mass media guy, and
talking with friends who are experts in the field, their advise was
clear: make a lot of noise on the launch date, or a few days earlier.

Making noise too early about gear people can't buy straight away is
not a good move.

OTOH, it is a good time to be organising a big splash for the 17th of
Nov, talk to SJ and friends about it.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions