[IAEP] Fedora Live CD for Sugar

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri Oct 3 09:34:30 EDT 2008

Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

> I have:
>
> * A livecd for Fedora 10 devel (rawhide) that allows a Sugar 0.82 boot
> option via GDM.  We're missing activites, but as those make their way
> into rawhide for F10, we will close these gaps quickly.

As announced in OLPC SIG's most recent meeting, I've now uploaded a
first image here:

    http://sdz.fedorapeople.org/olpc/sugar-spin.iso

We're still missing some activities - for now, there should be Write,
Chat, Terminal and Log on the spin.

> * A kickstart file that can be used by any Fedora user to generate such
> an image trivially.

The updated kickstart file is located here:

    http://sdz.fedorapeople.org/kickstart/fedora-livecd-sugar.ks

I removed Gnome to save space, though.

> So.  Where shall we host them?  Somewhere in Fedora-land, or somewhere
> in Sugar-land?
>
> --g

I'll submit the kickstart to the Spin SIG for technical approval, so
that we can get it in the spin-kickstarts repo on GIT (as Rahul pointed
out).

--Sebastian