[IAEP] Jabber Server

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 2 00:06:49 EDT 2008

I had several conversation last weekend about how to help foster small
deployments.   The overarching theme was that communities need a mechanism
to communicate and collaborate while they learn about this 'Sugar stuff'.

After much thought about web2.0 and social medial tools, I finally got back
to--why don't we use the collaborative tools in sugar to help groups learn
about Sugar.

Would it be feasible for Sugar Labs to set up jabber servers so that
individual deployments have a zero cost mechanism to collaborate among
themselves.  If I remember, this was an issue that Bill Kerr faced in his
lab.

thanks
david