No subject

Sun Nov 16 07:35:38 EST 2008

<BR>
I was just wondering if you all have something to say to the marketing side=20=
that is discussing how to describe and position ourselves.<BR>
<BR>
Here are some thoughts for you all to take shots at, if you have any interes=
t as well as your own suggestions on strategy and taglines for the purpose o=
f discussion, direction and decision, so we can all be on the same page and=20=
singing the same song in moving forward <BR>
<BR>
My thinking are based on my understanding of a few relevant comments from co=
nversations with Walter Bender, as follows:<BR>
<BR>
1.&nbsp;  Sugar is multipurpose.&nbsp;  It is a culture as well as a technol=
ogy.&nbsp;  With Sugar one can learn with and from others.<BR>
<BR>
2.&nbsp;  Sugar puts an emphasis on learning through doing and puts no upper=
 bound to the learning.&nbsp;  (Note: This is the part where free and open-s=
ource software comes in.)<BR>
<BR>
3.&nbsp;  Traditional approaches can be subsumed by Sugar.&nbsp;  Additional=
ly on top of traditional approaches, Sugar offers both enhancements and alto=
gether new features to get the most from available content regardless of the=
 sources.&nbsp;  <BR>
<BR>
Some new value add-ons are:<BR>
a) The built-in Journal as a place where learner and reflect, and a place wh=
ere teachers/parents/mentors can assess progress; and<BR>
b) The collaboration model for useful sharing (for example, teacher assignin=
g a book to read for homework), as well as new forms of collaboration such a=
s peer editing.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2=
"><U>Suggested Strategy Concept<BR>
</U></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=
=3D"2">What Home Depot and Lowe=E2=80=99s are to homeowners and contractors=20=
we will be to learners, parents, teachers and community leaders.<BR>
<BR>
We will be a place for easy access to affordable, useful and usable educatio=
nal resources so that users can improve and expand on the levels of knowledg=
e that will help them achieve their lifelong wants and needs.<BR>
<BR>
Just as both homeowners and professionals use Home Deport and Lowe=E2=80=99s=
 services to build, improve and maintain their dream homes, both students an=
d teachers will use and benefit from our services for lifelong learning.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2=
"><U>Suggested Taglines<BR>
</U></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=
=3D"2">New! User controlled educational architecture and resources<BR>
New! User controlled engine for learning and literacy<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Look forward to comments and other suggestions especially in regard to strat=
egy.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Dennis Wong<BR>
&lt;doxsoup at aol.com&gt;<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"></FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above.=
 See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x12=
15855013x1201028747/aol?redir=3Dhttp://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.a=
spx?sc=3D668072%26hmpgID=3D62%26bcd=3DDecemailfooterNO62)</HTML>

--part1_cbf.307e602c.369bb185_boundary--