No subject

Sun Nov 16 07:35:38 EST 2008

I was just wondering if you all have something to say to the marketing side=20
that is discussing how to describe and position ourselves.

Here are some thoughts for you all to take shots at, if you have any interes=
t=20
as well as your own suggestions on strategy and taglines for the purpose of=20
discussion, direction and decision, so we can all be on the same page and=20
singing the same song in moving forward=20

My thinking are based on my understanding of a few relevant comments from=20
conversations with Walter Bender, as follows:

1.   Sugar is multipurpose.   It is a culture as well as a technology.   Wit=
h=20
Sugar one can learn with and from others.

2.   Sugar puts an emphasis on learning through doing and puts no upper boun=
d=20
to the learning.   (Note: This is the part where free and open-source=20
software comes in.)

3.   Traditional approaches can be subsumed by Sugar.   Additionally on top=20
of traditional approaches, Sugar offers both enhancements and altogether new=
=20
features to get the most from available content regardless of the sources. =20=
=20

Some new value add-ons are:
a) The built-in Journal as a place where learner and reflect, and a place=20
where teachers/parents/mentors can assess progress; and
b) The collaboration model for useful sharing (for example, teacher assignin=
g=20
a book to read for homework), as well as new forms of collaboration such as=20
peer editing.

Suggested Strategy Concept
What Home Depot and Lowe=E2=80=99s are to homeowners and contractors we will=
 be to=20
learners, parents, teachers and community leaders.

We will be a place for easy access to affordable, useful and usable=20
educational resources so that users can improve and expand on the levels of=20=
knowledge=20
that will help them achieve their lifelong wants and needs.

Just as both homeowners and professionals use Home Deport and Lowe=E2=80=99s=
 services=20
to build, improve and maintain their dream homes, both students and teachers=
=20
will use and benefit from our services for lifelong learning.

Suggested Taglines
New! User controlled educational architecture and resources
New! User controlled engine for learning and literacy

Look forward to comments and other suggestions especially in regard to=20
strategy.

Dennis Wong
<doxsoup at aol.com>

**************
A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy=20
steps!=20
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=3Dh=
ttp://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=3D668072%26hmpgID=3D62%26b=
cd=3DDe
cemailfooterNO62)

--part1_cbf.307e602c.369bb185_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2=
"><U>Strategy and taglines</U></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial"=20=
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>