No subject

Sun Nov 16 07:35:38 EST 2008

There has been some discussion in the Scratch Team about this. Overall our<br>
concern is to avoid forks. In general forks are good because bring diversity<br>
but since Scratch is a tool for beginners we&#39;re worried about having<br>
multiple versions out there. This happened a little bit with Scratch&#39;s<br>
predecessor LOGO, there were a lot of versions, some of them incompatible.<br>
I am an Ubuntu user and I appreciate the choices I have for every element of<br>
the OS, but I do spend hours trying to figure out between apt-get and<br>
aptitute, Compiz vs no compiz, KDE vs Gnome vs Xfce, etc, etc. In some ways,<br>
Ubuntu has been able to succeed by providing something that works out of the<br>
box without forcing users to choose.<br>
I think we are going to change the license of the binary distribution to<br>
allow for commercial use but we&#39;re uncertain about the source. What do you<br>
think about forking in Scratch?<br>

------=_Part_87042_30651128.1228052806987--