[IAEP] Sugar packages for non-mainstream distros

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Nov 27 04:40:56 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:05:16AM -0800, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> > just some thoughts and some practices (specific?) of Sugar packaging process
> > http://sugarlabs.org/go/DeploymentTeam/jhconvert
>
> Can you add something about testing these packages and reporting bugs
> in Sugar on specific distributions?

About Gentoo, in fact, I'll be very surprised if Gentoo is popular among sugar
end users, but I use Gentoo and furthermore it helps me test sugar in various
environments: I've built sugar (both 0.82 and 0.83), at first sight, it works
- does basic operations (no errors in logs)

But my current focus is altlinux - its a local Russian distro. The main purpose
of porting sugar on altlinux is the fact that it takes part in state-program "FOSS
for schools" - there is school-specific distro. I've uploaded sugar-fructose to
unstable altlinux's repo (the same status like on Gentoo) and work now on Russian
localization (whole this week). After back porting to school branch I suspect
broader feedback

---
Aleksey