[IAEP] Fwd: [sugar] Closing this list

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:54:24 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Should we have a list for each team?

per-team lists are IME not so good in the long term. Even splitting
"users" and "devel" lists usually works against efforts to build a
positive community.

Organising it by focus topic rather than "team" helps gel teams across
the mission rather than across the team identity. Sounds like a bit of
social engineering, but that's what we are doing when we build social
software, whether we want it or not ;-)

Not sure if the Sugar crowd is familiar with the social effects of
these seemingly minor things. Clay Shirky is a good read on this topic
:-)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions