[IAEP] teams vs. projects

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Nov 25 17:45:57 EST 2008

I think that we are going to find that by the fall 2009 we will see a
release team spontaneously form and take a lead role in the project.

For the first release, Fall 2008, our effort was centered around the
organization of Sugar Labs.

For the second release, Spring 2009, organizational we are focused on
communication:
Walter, our Executive Directory, is working nearly exclusively on
communicating our mission and message.
The Development Team worked hard to establish a time based release
cycle.  The release cycle is the foundation for what needs to be done
and when it needs to be committed for inclusion in the next release
As a community, we are forming teams which are responsible for various
areas of the project.

This is just speculation.  For the Fall 2009 release, I think that a
Release Team will form to ensure that the various team are operating
on a consistent release cycle across the entire project.  As both Greg
and Walter stated, formal project management is very difficult in open
source development projects.

david