[IAEP] teams vs. projects

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Nov 25 16:12:39 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:

>> In our case, it's harder, but might still make sense.  If we go
>> this route, let's make sure we support projects involving multiple
>> teams.  For example, "Sugar on a Stick" would touch Development,
>> Infrastructure, Marketing...
>
> I am going to be setting up LiquidPlanner, a free for nonprofits, Web 2.0
> Microsoft Project like program.

dotProject (http://www.dotproject.net/) and Project.net
(http://www.project.net/) are good candidates. They are both FOSS,
although I haven't had much luck locating Project.net's FOSS license.
Their Bus. Dev. guy tells me that the next release will be GPLv3.

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University