[IAEP] Invitaton to US Chess Federation Scholastic Chess

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 17:28:00 EST 2008

I just now sent this message on the US Chess Federation Web site,
http://www.uschess.org/. Scholastic Chess includes all of the USCF
activities in schools: teaching, clubs, tournaments, publications...

One Laptop Per Child (http://laptop.org/) and Sugar Labs
(http://sugarlabs.og/) have put chess software, including a tutorial,
on the OLPC XO, which is now in the hands of half a million children
around the world. We would like to discuss with you an expansion of
Scholastic Chess to dozens of countries and in time to many millions
of children.

In particular, we have the opportunity to create free electronic
teaching materials for distribution on the laptops. International
Master Josh Waitzkin has offered his book, The Art of Learning, if we
can work out the licensing with the publisher.

And Children are my nation.