[IAEP] teams vs. projects

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 11:04:56 EST 2008

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Walter Bender wrote:

> I think the idea of a roadmap (with project schedules) within each
> team would address much of this need.

Agreed.

Project management is a pain in the ass, and we don't always have the
resources to have dedicated and "proper" project management -- which is
why, at the *very least*, I advocate TODOs and weekly meetings to keep
those TODOs moving.

cf. http://www.sugarlabs.org/go/MarketingTeam/TODO

Some teams -- perhaps the development team -- will have the need for
stronger project management.  But at the very least, every team should be
capturing its TODOs so that they are not lost.

I myself dislike trac for this kind of thing, but some people prefer it.
If that's the case, I would advocate each team creating a simple trac
query that brings up the team's TODO items, and then linking to that query
from the TODO page.

The goal: anyone on your team should be able to answer the question "what
are people working on?" with a single click.

--g