[IAEP] Proposal: IRC channel and mailing list for support

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 14:06:21 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at laptop.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> In order to facilitate non-developer use, I'd like to propose the addition
> of the following:
>
> #sugar-users - a channel for non-development "how do I use this" questions,
> akin to #olpc-help

I don't see a need to duplicate help. But we definitely need a How do
I participate? channel.

I talked to two engineering students (copied here) at Sugar Camp about
starting a student newsletter that would include a compilation of
laptop news and regular articles about how people with different
knowledge, skills, and interests could take part in laptop hardware,
software, and content development. Since the children need to learn
every subject, we have opportunities for anybody and everybody to
help.

> a sugar-users mailing list for the same purpose

Same comments.

> Is this acceptable, or is some discussion needed?
>
> -lf

And Children are my nation.