[IAEP] Feedback on Sugarcamp

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sun Nov 23 01:54:32 EST 2008

At the end of Sugarcamp today, a bunch of us dogfooded the "reflection
for learning!" thing and sat down and wrote out (it took up 3 whiteboard
panels):

1. Things that were awesome about Sugarcamp,
2. Things that we noticed this week and thought were interesting, and
3. Things that frustrated us.

Note that we *didn't* specify a fix for things we thought were
frustrating. Not yet. We need to (1) get more frustrations out there -
hence this email to the list, so all you folks can chime in - (2)
clarify more what the problems were, and (3) wait 'till we have a
coordinator of the next Sugarcamp because they'll be the ones to make
sure that we Solve Those Problems Darn it.

Anyway. Here you go.

http://sugarlabs.org/go/Sugarcamp/Feedback

Please please please add your own thoughts to this list, and edit and
expand if things aren't clear, or if I transcribed them wrongly; feel
free to yell at me to fix stuff. When we have our next victim... er, I
mean, Sugarcamp coordinator - I will resend this message to them to make
sure it's on their plate. Yar!

Thanks for a gloriously awesome week, folks.

--Mel

*It was originally supposed to be a "how to encourage new contributors"
brainstorm, but everyone was pretty exhausted by this point and we
figured this would serve us better in the time that we had left - in any
case, the "let's make it easier for new contributors!" thing is
something I don't think we'll forget soon.**

**I plan on making sure of this. ;)