[IAEP] Tentative talk schedule: Nov 19

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:10:43 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:07 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
... lots of interesting things...

I'm very happy that the Sugar folks are in town -- under whatever
alibi -- and I'm keen on meeting, having a beer together and perhaps
talking a few technical things too ;-) After all, we've been
collaborating for almost a year now, and I don't know your faces.

There are a few things I'm interested in talking about so I'll try to
use my slot (and the many beer rounds) for that. The xocamp later will
be another chance to talk about them more formally, but perhaps we can
have a quick overview of

 - Repeated automagic registration - so updated registration data
(with perhaps more bits of data) reaches the XS.

 - Manually triggered actions from the control panel -
re-registration, ds-backup

 - Browse.xo automagic authentication against XS. Also - automagic
proxy config with PAC files, etc.

 - Service announcement (plain old DNS, mdns, avahi, carrier pigeons)
- so activity and OS updates work better

 - How I learned to stop worrying and love ejabberd's mod_roster
facilities (group handling between XS and XO)

As you can see, it's fairly concrete stuff. There are a couple of
blue-sky areas you can probably drag me into -

 - "extended" journal using the backup storage from the XS.

 - General Journal / Project diary magic UI voodoo.

Now, if we can talk about at least some of these things in a
parenthesis -- avoiding all the distractions -- let's do it.
Otherwise, I'm happy to just have a beer with you. Let's make the most
of what we have.

And apologies for not sending this earlier --

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions