[IAEP] Tentative talk schedule: Nov 19

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Nov 13 14:27:14 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:35 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> Personally I think the way you keep to couple them is *extremely*
> confusing. Red Hat people certainly participates to GNOME conferences,
> but don't go there to talk about their build system!

I wish they would, actually.  Good tools should be shared and reused.
Bernie wants to talk about SugarLabs infrastructure, and Michael wants
to encourage broader use of the tools which he has created.  I think
those talks are entirely appropriate for a joint conference -- and if
you don't, I think you should be talking to Bernie and Michael about
it, not me.  I didn't do any filtering of the proposals sent to devel@
other than prioritizing proposals from people who would be attending
in person.

> I'm mostly fine with Wednesday proposal. I would like the discussion
> about the rest of the day to be more open than you and Bernie sitting
> down somewhere, like your mail seemed to imply. As Greg proposed, I'd
> prefer if we just gave the speakers a way to fill in the slots on the
> wiki.

I think you need to talk to Bernie about this.  I'm not planning the
rest of the week; I was just brought in as a consultant to coordinate
the 'proposals' section.

> I certainly want to keep working together and my mail was an attempt
> to improve the way we do.

Setting us artificial "us-vs-them" antagonism between OLPC and
SugarLabs is *not* the way to improve our working together.  In my
opinion.  Both SugarLabs and OLPC are "we".
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )