[IAEP] Tentative talk schedule: Nov 19

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:18:13 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:35 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> what the hell?  i don't think it's productive to separate olpc and
> sugarlabs in this fashion.

Personally I think the way you keep to couple them is *extremely*
confusing. Red Hat people certainly participates to GNOME conferences,
but don't go there to talk about their build system!

I hope we will have a chance to discuss Sugar Labs mission and
relation to OLPC in person, we need to sync up because right now I
think we have a very different vision about it.

> the whole point of this was *joint*
> discussion/planning!

That was the point of XOCamp, which has been delayed to January.

> and i also resent the implication that this was closed-door planning.
> i posted a *proposed* schedule.  we're discussing it here *in public*.

I'm mostly fine with Wednesday proposal. I would like the discussion
about the rest of the day to be more open than you and Bernie sitting
down somewhere, like your mail seemed to imply. As Greg proposed, I'd
prefer if we just gave the speakers a way to fill in the slots on the
wiki.

> i found this email a tremendous step backwards.  let's continue
> *together*, shall we?  i'm a member of sugarlabs, as well as an
> employee of olpc -- just like you and tomeu are.

I expressed my opinion. I'm happy to do a step back and let people
like Greg, with much more experience then me about conferences, take
the lead.

I certainly want to keep working together and my mail was an attempt
to improve the way we do.

Marco