[IAEP] Announcing Fedora Sugar Spin!

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 01:21:11 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Bill Kerr wrote:
>
>  Problems:
>>  *  not enough activities
>>

> This will become better over time.  Since we need to package activities for
> Fedora and they need to be reviewed, there can be a bit of a lag.  The
> activities should be coming online continually.
>
>   *  collaboration did not work out of the box when tested on my network
>>    at school :-(
>>

> Meaning what, exactly?  Can you be more specific?

Well, it's meant to be possible for collaboration to work out of the box.
This did not happen with Wolfgang's Live CD converted to USB keys.

Someone reported earlier on this list  that collaboration did work from USB
keys on a Ubuntu network

from morgan collett:
"Link local presence should "just work", but I've never used the LiveCD
images."

At any rate Morgan asked us for some files and after they were sent reported
back:

from morgan collett:
"Thanks for the logs. presenceservice.log shows that salut
(LinkLocalPlugin) starts up successfully but doesn't detect anyone on
the local network. gabble (ServerPlugin) repeatedly attempts to
connect to a jabber server but fails - nevertheless salut is running."

After this one of my students built a jabber server and we could do
collaboration through that

I was hoping that with the new Fedora USB key we could do collaboration out
of the box, meaning without using the jabber server

All I tested with the new Fedora USB key was trying to connect through Chat
but that didn't work

Let me know if you want more information or diagnostic files again - I can
look up the details or ask joel for help if needed - just tell me exactly
the information you need

a bit more detail of the history here:
http://xo-whs.wikispaces.com/connectivity